Different types of air conditioning units in Australia (2022)
Summer in Australia can get sweltering hot! So, it’d be in every homeowners best interest to invest in a quality air con system. One that will cool the whole house down in a flash! But, with so many brands, sizes and features, it can be hard to source the best air conditioner for your home, lifestyle and budget.
Luckily, JVK Electrical and Air Conditioning have narrowed it down to the top few for you:
- Split system – This air con unit is the classic choice for someone wanting to cool down a room, small home or unit quickly. They’re up and running within a few hours. All you need is an empty and spare wall where it can be mounted to.
- Cassette system – These units operate with an outdoor and indoor unit. However instead of a wall-mounted unit, the cassette system is installed into the ceiling, distributing cool air through the sides of the system. Being ideal for single story buildings.
- Ducted air conditioning system (being the most popular) – If you’re wanting a system that can easily operate a whole house or office temp with the push of a button, then the ducted air con system is for you. It becomes cheaper to install one of these, then what it would be to install multiple units throughout a property. These beauties simply have a compressor on the outside, but then only vents on the inside. Making it favoured by home and business owners.
There will be different factors which will influence the size of air conditioner you’ll be needing. Which include;
- Is it for a room, small or large space, or the entire home?
- Are the ceilings and walls insulated?
- What state do you live in? Is it scorching, hot, warm or cooler there?
*** TIP *** Ceiling insulation is a BIG one. If you don’t have it, consider getting it done. This will save you BIG BUCKS.
Sizes do matter!
You want the size of the air conditioning unit to be just right, otherwise flaws can start to shine. Too big and the system could run numerous short cycles to attain its target temp. In turn, this could make the space too hot or cold and increase the power bill by loads. Then, if the unit is too small, it could be forced to operate at maximum capacity, which could then dry out the air too much and again, up the power usage and bill.
***TIP *** A 2.5 kw unit is suited for rooms up to approx 18 m2.
Here are the top choices of air conditioning units from the experts:
- Panasonic – Being in the air con business for 60+ years, Panasonic has brought many quality systems to the table. Over 300 products, Panasonic has an invention for every purpose.
- Daikin – Have been heating and cooling homes for 50+ years. Daikin received a 5-star NABERS rating from the Australian Government too.
- Mitsubishi – 55+ years in this industry doesn’t go unnoticed. Mitsubishi is one of the most highly regarded brands in Australia, and now throughout the world with over 200 companies globally. Their engineers created very sophisticated and resilient systems which are able to run constantly under any natural climatic condition on Earth. Every one of their units have their very own unique and incredible features – super quiet and energy-efficiency (just to name a few).
- GREE – 1 in 3 air conditioning units are produced by Gree Electric with over 400-million users, worldwide. Their goods are distributed to more than 160 countries and regions, and has been doing so since
- Actronair – Are continuously pushing the possibilities of effectiveness and dependability to create the best air conditioners in Australia. Additionally, winning awards and recognitions since 2007, nearly every year. They have been in this game for 35+ years.
There you have it, all of the above brands are well established, great value for money and will give you 100% satisfaction. You just need to know which one is best for your circumstances. Which is where we come in! Call the Gold Coast air conditioning experts at JVK Electrical on 0410 689 029 for a FREE quote and great advice.